R.C. Scot Apt. fire forces evacuation
The Scottsbluff Fire Department says no one was in an apartment that caught fire early Friday morning. The fire was in a lower floor apartment at the R.C. Scot Apartment complex, and forced the evacuation of residents in the building.
Scottsbluff Fire Chief Dana Miller says black smoke was coming out of an apartment window when firefighters arrived. The smoke was contained to the apartment and the adjoining hallway and firefighters were able to ventilate the area before allowing residents back in.
Miller says the audio and visual strobes used for alarms worked well, and residents quickly left the building. No assessment has been done yet on damage.
© 2013 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information