Fire causes damage to Double Q Country building
Chadron)-A fire in a ceiling fan caused damage to a Chadron building that houses Double Q Country Radio late Wednesday evening.
According to a representative from Big Bat's LLC, a ceiling fan in the women's bathroom was the culprit of the fire, which was called into Chadron dispatch around 10:22 pm to 331 Main Street.
It appears that the ceiling fan sent sparks down into the bathroom, where a magazine had been placed on the sink and ignited. There was some damage to the building around the restroom, but the damage was minimal. None of the radio equipment housed at the Double Q Country studio was damaged.
The administrative offices of Big Bat's were closed on Thursday, and there was reportedly no power in the building earlier in the morning. No injuries were reported with the blaze.
© 2013 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information